One Marie Curie ETN Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position is available from September 2017 to work in the field of short/ultra-short pulsed laser micro/nanostructuring of surfaces. These are ESR posts funded by the European Commission as part of the LASER4FUN Marie Curie European Training Network (ETN). This job opening covers research position in the frame of a PhD doctoral programme, resulting in a PhD degree awarded by the University of Zaragoza.
The ESRs will undertake PhD projects focused on the characterization of antibiofilm properties in samples provided by other partners in the consortium. The aim of the LASER4FUN ETN programme is to provide multi-disciplinary research training in advanced laser processing for surface structuring/patterning and in applying this technology for embedding new functionalities in existing and new emerging products. The programme brings together researchers from 6 EU countries, in particular from four Universities, four Research Centres and also three companies.
Duties expected of the role are:
- to perform original research under the supervision of an academic advisor in the area of surface functionalization applications;
- to participate in the activities of the LASER4FUN ETN: attending training workshops, collaborating with network partners, and undertaking periodic secondment placements at LASER4FUN partner organisations;
- to register for a PhD with the University of Zaragoza and follow the University Doctoral Training Programmes to attain a PhD degree;
- to produce written outputs as required during their PhD studies, and also to contribute to engagement and dissemination activities of the LASER4FUN ETN programme;
- to present regular progress reports within the supervisory requirements laid down by the BSH and the LASER4FUN ETN programme.
For more information and to apply please follow the link: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/242686
So far, the LASER4FUN European Training Network has already recruited 13 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) for research positions in the frame of a PhD doctoral programme, targeting a PhD degree. These 13 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions have been filled. The recruited ESRs are hosted by the following institutes or companies (in random order):
- The University of Birmingham (UK): 2 ESRs in Laser Structuring
- BSH Electrodomesticos España (ES): 1 ESR in Laser Micro/Nano Structuring
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (ES): 2 ESRs in short pulsed laser micro/nanostructuring of surfaces
- Airbus Defence and Space GmbH (DE): 1 ESR on Enhanced Surface Properties for Aerospace Applications via Laser Patterning
- Fraunhofer Institute for Material and Beam Technology (DE): 2 ESRs in Laser Interference Structuring
- Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden (DE): 1 ESR on Short Pulsed Laser Micro/Nanostructuring of Surfaces
- Robert Bosch GmbH (DE): 1 ESR in the field of laser material processing
- The University of Twente (NL): 2 ESRs on short pulsed laser micro/nanostructuring of surfaces
- Centre Technologique Alphanov (FR): 1 ESR on Laser Specialist for Large Area Surface Texturing
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (IT): 1 ESR on Short Pulsed Laser Micro/Nanostructuring of Surfaces