The 10th International Laser Symposium & International Symposium »Tailored Joining« on February 27 & 28, 2018 was organised by the Fraunhofer IWS at the International Congress Center in Dresden, Germany. Because in the “manufacturing of the future” the digitalization of laser material processing is becoming increasingly important, the motto of the symposium was “Industry 4.0”.
During the “laser-micromachining” sessions, delegates from the Laser4Fun-consortium presented the latest results from the Laser4Fun project:
- Gert-Willem Römer (University of Twente, The Netherlands): Laser-induced Periodic Surface Structures (LIPPS), fundamentals and applications,
- Antonio Ancona (CNR-IFN, Italy / University West, Sweden): Ultrafast laser surface micro-texturing to tailor lubricated friction of steel,
- José Luis Ocana (UPM Laser Centre, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain): Direct generation of superhydrophobic microstructures in metals by UV laser sources in the nanosecond regime,
- Rainer Kling (ALPHANOV, France) Functionalization of technical surfaces with ultra-short pulsed lasers,
- And 2 posters by Sabri Alamri and Alfredo Aguilar Morales.
Last, but not least, the Laser4Fun-delegates joined in a fruitful panel discussion about the future of laser-micromachining, together with other presenters of the micromachining session.